Dear CV Friend,
Two weeks ago the House approved an amendment to block all taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood. But the fight continues...
The Republican House and the Democratic Senate agreed this week to a two-week extension of the status quo in order to prevent a government shutdown.
That means we have another week to make our case to the Senate!
Planned Parenthood is on the move with radio ads, and a massive lobbying campaign to salvage access to hundreds of millions of OUR dollars. They know what's at stake. Losing access to these funds will cripple them.
We must overwhelm the Senate! And if they attempt to restore Planned Parenthood funding, we must demand that Republicans in the House stand firm -- and insist that this funding ban be included in ANY budget measure.
Here are five things you can do to help:
- Pray. This is an historic battle that we cannot fight alone. We need to beg God for mercy and ask for every grace to win this fight.
- Call your Senator. Especially if you live in one of these 12 states: Alaska, Arkansas, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Nebraska, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas and West Virginia. It doesn't matter if your Senator is a supporter of abortion -- this is also about fiscal responsibility and we cannot afford this massive subsidy any longer. Click here to access our list of the swing votes in the Senate and their local office phone numbers -- or call the Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121. Your calls in the next 7 days are critical.
- Sign our Petition to Congressional Republicans. Tell Republican leaders that they must not compromise. Putting a stop to taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood is not negotiable. Sign our letter to Republican leaders at www.NoAbortionBailout.com
- Forward this message to your friends. We need all hands on deck.
- Support CatholicVote. Help us keep the pressure on Congress, run radio and Internet ads, and recruit more Americans to this cause. A gift of $5 or $25 is urgently needed. Planned Parenthood is spending a small fortune in hopes of getting your tax money. We need to fight back!
The long battle to end funding for Planned Parenthood is culminating right before our eyes.
Please stay engaged. We need your help now more than ever.
Brian Burch, President