Lord, teach me to be patient - with life, with people, and with myself. I sometimes try to hurry things along too much, and I push for answers before the time is right. Teach me to trust Your sense of timing rather than my own and to surrender my will to Your greater and wiser plan.
Help me let life unfold slowly, like the small rosebud whose petals unravel bit by bit, and remind me that in hurrying the bloom along, I destroy the bud and much of the beauty therein. Instead, let me wait for all to unfold in its own time. Each moment and state of growth contains a loveliness. Teach me to slow down enough to appreciate life and all it holds. Amen.
-- Offered in thanksgiving for benefactors, friends, and all those who offer themselves in support of priests. Thanks to A Catholic Life where I found the prayer.
The Sins of the Pious – A Homily for the 26th Sunday of the Year
-
In understanding Sunday’s Gospel, we cannot overlook the audience Jesus was
addressing. The text begins, Jesus said to the chief priests and elders of
th...
4 days ago


No comments:
Post a Comment